Came here Source Energy | CHP Trigeneration, Trigeneration Power Plants, Cogeneration & Trigeneration Power Plants

What Is Trigeneration?

In the first step of the trigeneration process, 28% of the fuel input converts to electric power output, leaving 72% of the original energy in the form of 600° C waste heat exhaust.
The next cycle of trigeneration resembles traditional cogeneration, which converts another 18% of the fuel input into either steam turbine power or potable water, leaving 54% of the original energy in the form of 300° C waste heat exhaust.
In its final cycle of efficiency and power saving, trigeneration converts another 40% of the original fuel input into hot water, or steam and chilled water for building or process use. This amounts to a total energy efficiency of about 86%.

Significant Power Savings
The cogeneration of power and steam by recycling waste heat dates back to the nineteenth century, when the first commercial electricity providers located their plants nearby where customers need it.

Source Energy updates cogeneration, making it even more efficient with modern trigeneration plants, a single source for combined heating, cooling, and power (CHP) production. As CHP plants generate electricity, they capture waste heat from electrical generation and use it to produce high-temperature hot water and process steam. A system of pipes distributes the resulting hot water and process steam for air conditioning and other needs.

Working cogeneration and trigeneration installations have a proven track record for efficiency and power saving in Asia, Europe, North and South America — with some countries fulfilling from 30% to over 50% of their national power generation needs with CHP.